Friday, April 16, 2010

Back to Reality

We are home again, safe and sound...if maybe just a bit sad that our vacation is over. It was pretty amazing though, so at least there's that. Ocean, snorkeling, rain forest, cool old city....all of it right there. I could so live there in Luquillo. But its back to reality now, and that is going to be a cold slap in the face as we have tons of yard work pending this weekend. Spring has sprung and the grass is already growing....blah.

I have lots of pictures to post (probably on Facebook). But I haven't had the time to do it just yet. Part of the problem is that I don't have a good photo editor on this new netbook, and everything has to be resized to post. I did a few clumsy ones earlier, but it is a tedious process the way I had to do it. I don't know....I may end up downloading the pics on Bruce's laptop. I love my netbook, but it doesn't really have the processing power to edit photos. I think he has a decent photo editor on his. I can barely bring myself to sit at a desktop computer anymore. It feels wrong....archaic almost. LOL.

So, things are getting back to normal again. I have finished unpacking and doing laundry (well, almost). The animals are getting back on schedule. It stresses them, all of them, to be left like that, and I hate doing it to them. But Mama needs a vacation, so....they just had to survive through a week. The cats were fine, although they have been a bit clingier than normal. Normal meaning we are ignored until feeding time. Omen has been sleeping through the night on our bed like she is determined to make sure we don't disappear again. Its the dogs that I worry about. They are getting so old and fragile. But everyone seems to be doing ok and shaking off the stress of living without us for a few days.

Also? Stephen just found out he has been accepted into George Mason University's PhD program in D.C. He still might choose Purdue (has already accepted Purdue but could technically change his mind), but the getting accepted part has made him very happy and us, very proud. It will all boil down to which school offers him the best funding, since both linguistic programs are excellent. The cost of living in D.C. is a whole lot more than Indiana, though, so there would have to be some kind of compensation to make it worth it. Its weird, knowing that he is going to be moving in a few months, but not having any real idea of where that is going to be. It will all work out though. You just gotta have faith. LOL.

No comments: