Monday, February 1, 2010

Weirdest Dream

I had the weirdest dream last night. And for some reason it was really vivid and it stuck in my memory even after waking up. Bruce and I had bought a new house in Maryland. (I have no idea why I would dream that specific place other than I have been talking to my friend Julie a lot lately and she lives in Maryland...?) The house itself was a 2-story typical American home in a typical suburban neighborhood. Very nice, nothing over the top. But in the back of the house was this unbelievable indoor/outdoor pool. Half of it was inside in the huge sunroom filled with plants and statues. And then you swam under a partial glass wall and were outside in this beautiful outdoor pool area. It was spectacular and more like a luxury resort pool instead of what you might find in a regular home.

So we had moved in and were getting settled...and I noticed that our front walk had these black horizontal lines going down it. Spray painted graffiti lines that made it look like a railroad track. And while I was inspecting this strange thing, this large FBI truck pulled up and starting unloading dead bodies onto our walk. Laying them on each of the lines. I was so freaked out. I was frantically asking the FBI agents what the heck was going on, and they explained to me that this is where they brought all of the unidentified bodies to have their pictures taken for the media so that the families could hopefully see it and identify them. And apparently it was the "national" spot, meaning bodies from all over the country were brought to MY sidewalk, photographed while stretched out over these lines, and then loaded back into the truck and taken away to a morgue. I was so creeped out. I wanted to move out of the house immediately, even though I had been so happy and thrilled with the pool.

I have NO idea what this dream was about. It left me unsettled even after I woke up.
Maybe I have been watching way too much earthquake coverage lately. And I know I have been upset by the discovery of that young girl's body in Charlottesville. You know, the one that went missing from the Metallica concert last fall. Right there in my daughter's town. I had been hoping and praying for a happier ending. I guess I just let things get to me. Things that I have no control over or that don't even really involve me or affect my life. I have a whole lot of trouble not feeling empathy for the awful situations of other people. Maybe I should take a break from watching the news for a while. Geez.....

No comments: