Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Gotta love him...

I have been working hard to make good on my intentions to be healthier this year. I have been trying to eat better. I have forced myself to visit the gym at least 5 times a week. But this takes time. And work has been crazy and uncooperative, so things get a little bit behind. Like today, we were running out of food around this house. Not just food. We could almost live without that. But I am talking coffee here. Coffee and creamer. Those are 2 things that are mandatory. Well, there are 3 things, actually. Coffee, creamer, and pet food. Everything else is trivial.

So, my husband got off work first, and made the grand gesture to do the grocery shopping. I LOVE him because that is one of those household chores that I dread. Loathe, even. I don't know why but I would prefer to scrub toilets or do mountains of laundry if it would get me out of the grocery shopping duty. He set off to shop, and I got the time to run by the gym after work. Yay! Everyone is happy, and life is good.

Until I got home and saw that he had bought....wait for it.....3 cakes!!! Not one, not 2, but 3! Seriously? His explanation was that he went to the store hungry. He picked up the first cake, and it got covered up on the bottom of the cart so that he forgot about it. And then he came to the Pepperidge Farm cakes in the freezer section and they were buy one, get one free. He couldn't resist. And there you have it. I am a woman on a quest for health, sitting here surrounded by 3 cakes.
(insert a heavy sigh of the soul right here: ).

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

what kind chocolate, vanilla,or both. barb

Unknown said...

Well, one is a lemon pound cake. And its delicious. The Pepperidge Farm cakes are chocolate and....well....lemon. LOL.

bed frames said...

That is also my question, what chocolate is it?

Unknown said...

It is the chocolate fudge stripe.