Sunday, June 7, 2009

Take the Guess work out....

Take the guess work out of shopping online! Seriously! I have found a new site (well, its new to me, so...) called My Shape. It takes a bit of time to set up your account because you have to measure your body all over, and fill in the info. But its FREE. And its non-judgemental, no matter what your measurements are.
And honestly, it asks you to measure practically everything. How many times have you been asked for the circumference of your thigh? But once your info is in the system, it custom selects clothing for you based on your actual measurements, like a personal shopper. It selects the size, and fit that will flatter your body the most. How easy is that?

And its not any more expensive than shopping other places really. The styles it selected for me were varied from moderate to kind of pricey. It selects pieces from all over the place. I recognized a few things from Macy's website, and the price was exactly the same. Its like being able to check several dozen online shopping sites in one place. And everything offered is YOUR size, and YOUR best styles. So cool.

Also? Once you sign up and fill out your information, you get FREE shipping and FREE RETURNS. So, if for some reason, you aren't as thrilled with something as they think you should be, you can return it with no charge. That makes it risk-free, too.
I have set up my account, and I am in the process of adding things to the wish list feature provided. I haven't actually ordered anything yet. But I will. Oh yeah, you can count on that!!! And for my girls (Erica and Hannia) IF you were to have a wish list, and IF you provided me with a link to it, anytime I got a wild desire to shop, I could buy you something you really wanted, instead of something that I think would be cute on you...LOL. One of the cool wish list features is that you can order from someone's list without ever having seen the actual size of anything. For people who are shy about what size they wear, I guess.

For me, sizes are nothing more than arbitrary numbers proven by the fact that MY personal shopping list offers me clothing with a variety of different sizes. It goes by your measurements, so while you might wear a 10 in one thing, it might be an 8 or 12 or whatever in another item. I love that, because trying to order clothing online, without being able to try it on is difficult. There really should be some kind of sizing standard, but until there is, I can let someone else do the work for me! Yay!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I totally want to do this! I have big hips but a tiny crotch, so I think this would help me find good pants. :)

Rebecca said...

A tiny crotch....that statement is making me LOL! But I know what you mean. I have thin (relatively speaking) legs, and a fat belly. I am hoping that being able to shop by actual measurements will help find stuff that will fit better. Pants seem to be so difficult. By the time that I get the waist to fit, the hips and thighs are HUGE and hanging slack. Get the hips and thighs to fit, and its way too tight at the waist....sigh....