Wednesday, April 1, 2009

April Fool's Day

Nothing is going on around here that is new and exciting. That makes it particularly hard to come up with blog topics. We've been busy doing ordinary, mundane things.
Work is getting on my nerves. But I am hanging in there by making myself feel a certain amount of gratitude that at least I have a job. Everything is good, just not blog-worthy. Should I make stuff up? Haha. It IS April Fool's, after all.

Anyway, I may not have a good hoax idea up my sleeve, but here's one of my favorite April Fool's jokes of all time. Its a classic!

On April 1, 1957 the British news show Panorama broadcast a three-minute segment about a bumper spaghetti harvest in southern Switzerland. The success of the crop was attributed both to an unusually mild winter and to the “virtual disappearance of the spaghetti weevil.” The Swiss Spaghetti Harvest hoax generated an enormous response. Hundreds of people phoned the BBC wanting to know how they could grow their own spaghetti tree. To this query the BBC diplomatically replied, “Place a sprig of spaghetti in a tin of tomato sauce and hope for the best.”

/>


No comments: