Thursday, March 19, 2009

Last Night

My night went something like this:

11 pm - My shoulder was hurting, so I took some ibuprofen and headed for bed.

11:15 pm - Can't find a comfortable position. Pray for ibuprofen to kick in soon.

11:30 pm - Bruce comes to bed. I am still tossing and turning. I don't sleep well on my back, and my shoulder bothers me if I lie on my side.

11:33 pm - The snoring begins! God help me.

12:00 am - Feel the room shaking. Quickly review my limited knowledge of earthquake survival tips. Get out of bed to head for the nearest doorway. Realize the floor is not shaking, just our bed. Climb back in and poke husband to turn over.

12:01 am - After turning over, there was a one minute reprieve, and then the snoring begins again. Ibuprofen is definitely not doing its job. Lazy, crappy meds.

12:30 am - Get out of bed, walk to the kitchen for a drink of water. The dogs wake up long enough to eye me with sleepy disinterest and they fall back asleep. It makes me jealous.

1:00 am - Give up and move into Erica's room to TRY and sleep. That requires me to stop and move piles of clothes off the bed where I have been cleaning out closets. Clothes end up on the floor and I don't even care.

1:05 am - Realize I can still hear the snoring from across the hall. Sigh a long weary sigh of the soul out of sheer exhaustion.

1:15 am - Kick the covers off. Too HOT!

1:30 am - Pull the covers back up. Too COLD!

2:00 am - Start to feel a tiny bit drowsy and begin to relax into a light sleep.

2:10 am - Wake up to a sharp pain in my toe. Realize kitty is excited to see me sleeping in a new location and has decided to celebrate by devouring me, feet first.
She is playing rough and biting HARD.

2:30 am - Almost dozing, only to have kitty walk back and forth across my face about a dozen times.

2:45 am - Covers off, too hot again.

3:00 am - Freezing. Back under the covers. Notice that the snoring is still going on, but am too tired to care.

3:30 am - Watching the clock. Wishing I could sleep. Thinking about giving up and getting up but kitty has gotten comfortable snuggled up beside me and I hate to disturb her.

4:00 am - Last actual time that I saw on the clock. I think I finally slept after that. And then, when it seemed like I had just closed my eyes......

6:30 am - Alarm sounding. Husband wants to know why I abandoned him in the middle of the night. Time to get up and start my day......I feel somewhat like I just got run over by a truck. Joy!

For the record, my husband rarely snores. But when he does....you better look out.
I hope tonight turns out to be one of his non-snoring nights. On the other hand, I am probably tired enough to sleep through just about anything, so I guess it really doesn't matter.

1 comment:

Hannia said...

especially after bodyflow!

i hate when that happens to me. if i sleep past 2 or 3 am, i am completely useless the next day.