Sunday, February 8, 2009

Sunday

The antibiotics seem to be working. I'm feeling a whole lot better. Not quite 100% yet, but at least I can see the light at the end of the tunnel I think. We went out to eat last night with Hannia and Stephen. That whole infected salivary gland thing made it impossible to eat for days, so I was hungry and ready for some real food. We went out to Olive Garden, which is the worst place to go on a Saturday, but still....it was what I wanted so we braved the crowds and the wait and went for it. We all skipped lunch, so we were starving by 5pm. For some reason, we assumed that was early enough to beat the dinner rush, but we were WRONG. It was already packed, with a 45 minute wait. At least we got a spot at the bar to while away the minutes, so honestly it wasn't all that bad. I had a strawberry-mango margarita that was especially delicious. And for dinner, I had one of their limited-time specials. They have these every month, and a lot of times these dishes are the best thing EVER.....and then they disappear, which is really disappointing. Last night was "4 Cheese stuffed mezzaluna with Shrimp". And yeah, it was extremely yummy. I would love to have it again, but I doubt it will be on the menu by the time we go back again. Sad.

Afterwards, even though we were stuffed to the gills, we decided to go for something decadent, so we went to Krispie Kreme. I know, I know....its the worst thing ever for you. Sugar-coated fried transfats with a little crack cocaine on the side to keep you addicted....hahaha. We try to not go there often. But every once in a while we behave badly. Last night we pigged out. So sue me. It was good. And now I am going to have to get my rear-end back to the gym this week to work off all of this weekend of gluttony. But whatever. It was fun while it lasted.

One little fact about the only Krispie Kreme in town: Its on the corner of 10th and Charles.
And I have to drive by it every single morning on my way to work. People cut across lanes of traffic, darting in there for their morning sugar/carb fix, and let me tell you....its dangerous. I feel like I am going to get killed waiting there at the light, because people are NOT particularly patient to cut across there to get into the parking lot. Its a madhouse there in the mornings.

No comments: