Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Snow Day


My Goats...? Not loving the snow so much. In fact, they positively hated it. In the heaviest part of the snow, they actually left their coveted spot on my porch stoop (by the tasty door), and went willing into their hay-filled shed. The shed they never deem worthy of their presence except for feeding time.

But anyway, I wish I had some cool snowman pictures to post. But this snow was so dry and powdery that it wouldn't stick together enough for a decent snowball. Much less a whole snowman. I really wanted to build a lovely snow goat, but it just wasn't going to happen. We tried.

But even with the snowman/goat failure it was a good day. I was off work, and I got to play in the snow, watch my goats hate it, and I had the opportunity to watch the Inauguration. Michelle Obama was wearing a beautiful dress, wasn't she? I thought the speech was inspirational. The whole thing was pretty emotionally charged. I was grateful to be able to watch it. But the fun is over and tomorrow I have to head back to work. I can't tell you how much I dread it. Mainly because its going to be so cold tonight that all of this slush on the roads is bound to freeze and make driving really sketchy. I am SO not into snow/ice driving. But I have no choice, so I am going to take it really slow and pray for mercy. Wish me luck. By Thursday, the temps are going to be up in the 50's, so this white stuff won't stick around for long.

On another note, we joined Netflix today. We have been members of the Blockbuster mail-in thing for a long time. But my husband is excited about this instant play feature with Netflix. In fact, he has already hooked up a computer to the television and has spent the better part of this afternoon watching stuff from that. I foresee him never wanting to leave the house again. Or worse....playing his video games on the tv. He can even pull up my blog and read it on the big screen without ever having to leave the couch. Yikes!!! Its a good thing I rarely watch anything on television, because my access to it is going to be severely limited. The only thing I WILL NOT miss are the new episodes of House, MD. Gotta get my "House" fix or I go into withdrawal!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Maybe you can write a book about your goat misadventures ;)