Thursday, January 8, 2009

Love


I LOVE me some purses, ya'll. Handbags, pocketbooks, whatever you want to call them. Shopping for a new purse is almost a religious experience for me. I prefer a leather bag. I just can't quite get into the other materials. I always see these really cute woven straw bags for summer, but they just don't seem substantial enough. I need something tough that can stand up to some abuse.
I was shopping around, just looking at bags. I don't need one right now, really. But I keep an eye on whats new, whats on sale....etc. And then I spotted THIS bag. Premium grade, hand-selected African crocodile. In a shade of purple that makes me want it right this instant. By Ralph Lauren. I can almost smell that new leather smell.
But then....then I spotted the price tag. And it made me do a double-take. This bag, exquisite as it is, retails for a cool $16,995.00. I was prepared for the 16 part. Like 16 hundred....but almost 17 THOUSAND???? No way. Not in this lifetime. Not even if I had millions of dollars stashed away somewhere. You can buy a car for that much cash. You could feed multitudes of hungry people for that. I wouldn't even feel right carrying something like that around. Who actually buys these things? I want to know.

No comments: