Sunday, December 21, 2008

Santa came a little early around here.....


Meet Vixen. She's adorable. My husband found her, abandoned, starving, and meowing at the top of her lungs. Who could turn down that sweet little face....? Ok, I KNOW I just wrote a post about how I did NOT want any more pets. But whats that old saying? Something along the lines that whenever we make a plan, God laughs a little. Or a lot. He's having himself quite a chuckle over this one, I'm sure.

So, we've been a dog family for a long time. We are not used to having cats. I had cats when I was growing up, but I've forgotten a whole lot of stuff. For instance, cats are impervious to the baby gates that we use as dog barriers. Nothing is sacred or off limits. Its definitely different, but we are adjusting. She is so cute. She's smart, too. Vixen has already figured out the litter box thing. That was my main concern, but she learns quickly. So far, she has charmed everybody who has come over. Its fun to have a playful little kitten, and even the dogs don't seem to mind. Of course, my dogs are so old and so inactive they view everything with bored indifference.

Merry Christmas to me. Vixen has found herself a home. She has moved right on in, and become quite comfy....and I am actually ok with that.

4 comments:

Lori Kintz said...

There is much "Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwing" and "CUTEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE" going on from Chelsea and Hayley . . . they want to come meet Vixen NOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW! Welcome to the cat world, where the vet bills are just as expensive as in the dog world :-)

Saphira said...

She is sooooooo cute! I also have a black cat named Boo. I love animals, I have a very sweet golden mix as well. Enjoy her!

Terri G said...

YAY! A kitten is a great addition to the family who has it all!

:)t

That Chick Over There said...

I'm not a cat person, but man that is a really cute cat!