Saturday, November 22, 2008

Setting the Mood for the Season


We are meeting Dad and Barb in Raleigh today for a concert of the Trans-Siberian Orchestra.
I LOVE their Christmas music (their version of Carol of the Bells is one of my all-time favorites).
I've never seen them live before. We tried to get tickets last year, but we heard about it too late and the concert sold out....which made me sad. This year, we got tickets as soon as the dates were announced. Anyway, I am excited as you can probably tell. I am hoping to get my hands on one of their CD's that has been a little hard to find: "The Christmas Trilogy". Maybe they will sell stuff at the show....most performer's do, so....?

Anyway, this is setting the mood for the coming season. I love Christmas anyway. I know its been a hard year for a lot of people in this country, but hard times make celebrations even more important to lift your spirits. I don't care about the gifts and the expensive trappings of a commercialized holiday....but I am going to feel thankful for family and friends, for health and all of the multitudes of blessings that are ours. And I am going to celebrate like mad because it makes me happy. I may burst into song at any moment now like a bad musical. And that....would definitely make YOU unhappy (I really can't carry a tune at all....haha).

No comments: