Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Countdown to Turkey Day

We are going to Dad and Barb's for Thanksgiving. We are all looking forward to it, especially Stephen who missed last year's Thanksgiving with the family. Plus, we will have Hannia for the first time, too. And I think her younger brother Miguel is going to be joining us. By the way, its Miguel's birthday today. So Happy Birthday Miguel. I think he is 19. Oh, to be so young again.

Anyway, we have had some strange weather around here in Eastern NC lately. This weekend it was torrential rain, thunder, and wind (some places a bit west of here had some serious tornado action...yikes). And it was really warm and muggy. It got so sticky and uncomfortable that I finally turned the AC back on again. And then today? Today we had SNOW!!! Not any kind of accumulation at all, but we had scattered flurries, and at times, it snowed fairly hard for a few minutes, here and there. And it was pretty chilly. We had to turn off the AC and turn on the heat. Who knows what will be next??? But this is the earliest I have EVER seen snow here in this part of the state. I wonder if this is a foreshadowing of whats to come this winter. I LOVE snow, but I hate driving in it. So, I have mixed feelings about that.

2 comments:

Kintz said...

Death to the non-believer!

Hannia said...

I thought it was SHUUUUUUUUUUUUUUN... shuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuun the non-beliver!!! :P