Friday, October 31, 2008

NY Adventure Part VII (A Slight Retraction....)

Right before we left for the show this evening, Bruce happened to see that the dreaded aforementioned Empire State Building was open until 2am, 7 days a week. So, on a whim, after the show, we took the subway on down to 34th St. just to see if the whole line procedure (fiasco) was any better at night. This was around 11pm. I'm happy to say that not only were we able to walk right in, with NO wait at all...the views up there at night were spectacular. I'm glad we decided to try it. It looked like the biggest Christmas display I have ever seen in my life, and it stretched on and on as far as the eye could see on all sides. Very worth it. Not worth the kind of wait during the day, but if you ever decide to go, go late. After 10, at least.

And about the show "Rock of Ages"...I was a little nervous about this one. First of all, it was off-Broadway, which doesn't really mean anything as far as quality goes. But given the fact that my husband has never been able to stand Constantine Maroulis, I was completely prepared for him to be miserable, rolling his eyes, being bored, or even sleeping (snoring) through the whole thing. But it was extremely good. Bruce had an excellent time. He decided that Constantine had a really good voice (I knew that all this time, so no surprises there for ME). And the abundance of extremely scantily clad dancers was just a huge bonus for him. He ended up enjoying it as much as I did. The show is a tongue in cheek kind of parody of those bands of the 80's (remember WhiteSnake....anybody???). But it was hilarious, the crowd got into it, and between that and our most excellent 2nd trip to The Empire State Building, I consider the day redeemed!!! And now its almost 1 am and I am exhausted, so I'm headed for bed!!!!

No comments: