Tuesday, October 28, 2008

NY Adventure Part IV (Street Fashion)

Just a quick fashion observation while we wait on the rain to slack up this morning (its pouring, but should pass over in a while...we hope). I know that NY is one of the fashion capitols of the world. But I am not talking about those wild and extravagant runway ensembles that a normal woman wouldn't wear in public. From what I can tell as far as basic NY street fashion, the short ankle boot is IN. Especially with dresses and skirts. Which is not a combination that I would have ever put together, but its not bad. A little funky, and different. I might get some strange looks back home if I tried it, but then again, people back home would think nothing of pairing a beat up pair of running shoes with a skirt, so....? Also...tights. Not flesh colored panty-hose, but opaque tights in all colors and even prints. Again, this might look a bit odd back home, but its cool and fun here. I've seen tights in window displays in every color of the rainbow and in every print from cute little rainbows to skulls. I might break down and pick up a few pairs. Just because. If I get too freaked out by wearing them with a dress, I can always put them on under pants on a cold day, and at least get some use out of them....haha.

The 2 things that I really would love to purchase while I'm here: Jeans!! Super haute, designer jeans, unlike the Gap and Old Navy which is basically all I can buy back home without going out of town to shop (like Raleigh or Richmond....which my daughter and I do as often as time allows.
Which also means, not nearly enough.)

And boots!!! Not the ankle boots, although those would be cool. But some comfortable tall leather boots in black. Comfy being the key word here. We passed the Kenneth Cole NYC mother-store, and I saw exactly what I wanted in the window. Now all I need to do is to talk Bruce into 2 things:
1. Shopping (level of difficulty-hard)
2. Spending the cash on NY/designer prices (level of difficulty-Extremely hard)...haha!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I can't do the short boots because of my height, but I *love* odd tights. I don't wear them much because I've gotten mean looks (i can hear the grey matter yelling "hussy!" and i don't particularly like it)... but i do like tights...

Coffee-Drinking Woman said...

ohhhhhh, boots! :)