Monday, June 16, 2008

I know...

I know I have been lax in posting. For months. And I also know that I have given plenty of excuses. The latest one of those is that we have spent quite a lot of time painting and doing other chores to help Stephen and Hannia get their new place not only ready, but decorated to their (meaning Hannia's) personal taste. Its coming together nicely, and our part is almost done.
With the exception of helping them put down a new kitchen floor. Hannia's parents bought the flooring. We are going to help them install it. Well, ok, my husband is going to help them. I really doubt I would be any good at that.

I think they will be happy there. Its a nice place. And since their office is almost done (with the exception of the woodwork/trim needing to be painted....) and the internet installed, desk set up etc....Stephen finally was able to sit down and write a blog of his own. He has been even more lax about posting than I have, but then again, he has been without internet for a while. Or honeymooning out of the country....so yeah, he has his reasons, too. Anyway, if you want to catch up with Stephen's latest musings, you can find him HERE.

Besides that, nothing else is really going on. The rest of the family is down at Bald Head Island, having a great time, I hope. We opted out of the trip this year for several reasons. One of those being that we are trying to plan a special little romantic getaway later this summer for just the 2 of us. I feel like we earned it...haha. We're there in spirit though. Hope you guys get to see some of those elusive turtles hatching this time around.

2 comments:

dennis said...

sounds like fun! bald head island-lolLOLlol

Anonymous said...

I am sitting here on the beach at Bald Head missing you and Bruce! Delaney, Casey, Chelsea and Hayley are Boogie Boarding with Greg. Jeanne and Calvin are with Jerry and Barb at the bar. . . Jerry wanted a Strawberry Dacquiri (umm, spelling??) Bummed you all missed the fun, are you coming next year??!!

Lori