Monday, May 12, 2008

New Toys, Turtles and Laptops....

First, my new toy: The Bissell Pet Hair Eraser Vacuum!!! LOVE IT! I have been researching vacuums for a while now, trying to find one that could stand the constant battle of dog hair. I think I have found it. We just got it today. I couldn't wait to try it out. Can you believe that? I was actually looking forward to vacuuming...hahahaha. Anyway, so far, I am well pleased. I think we made the right choice.

About the turtles: My hubby is a self-proclaimed saver of turtles. The ones that get stranded on the road in danger of being squashed by oncoming traffic. He will jump out of his car in a heartbeat to rescue the turtle and return him to safety. We see them alot around here. He generally gives me a saved turtle-count on daily basis. He averages about 2-3 a day. Today, on our way home from vacuum shopping (at Best Buy, so he was a happy camper to get to browse there for a while) we spotted a huge turtle slowly making his way across the road. There was a line of traffic behind us, so we couldn't come to a screeching halt. Instead, we drove just a little further down the road until we could turn around and go back. By the time that we got back to the turtle spot, another man had stopped his car and was in the process of playing turtle hero. It made me happy to know that other people out there in the world care about things like that. Its a small thing, I know. But it restores my faith in humanity to some degree. Turtle savers are awesome.

And now the laptop....Its finally fixed and in the process of being shipped to me. For real (I hope...they wouldn't lie to me would they??). Hopefully by Thursday it will be delivered back into my eager waiting hands again. Because I missed it dearly. I feel like planning a welcome back party for it. Any cause to celebrate is definitely a good thing...

1 comment:

Em said...

Okay, if that vacuum works, I want to know. We have a golden retriever and dog hair covers our world!

We too are turtle savers. We own two box turtles...but are happy to help others on their way to safer ground.