Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Good Hostess....NOT!!

So, Dad and Barb came a-visiting yesterday (Monday) on their way home from a week-end getaway in Myrtle Beach. They were only here for 1 night. Of course we enjoyed seeing them (always), but it makes me sad to say that I was not the best hostess in the whole world. I had this raging migraine that WOULD! NOT! LET! UP!!!! It started around lunchtime, at work, and although I took some Excedrin migraine (that usually works....), and drank several cups of coffee (sometimes that helps), nothing would make this thing budge. I finally had to go lie down around 8:30 pm (yeah, a real party gal, I tell ya). But I had every intention of just lying there for 30 minutes or so, hoping that might help the headache. I still wanted to get up, be sociable, get the coffee-maker set for the morning, take a shower...etc. I had a whole slew of things that I MEANT to do.

What I actually did? I woke up at 3am, fully dressed, lying on top of the comforter on our bed, with my contacts still in my eyes (I NEVER sleep in those....it makes my eyes feel dry and scratchy the next day). What a bummer. Anyway, the good news is that the migraine was gone by this morning, and I have felt just fine today. Which is a huge relief because half of my office has been down and out with some kind of evil flu bug that seems to invoke high fever, projectile vomiting, and all sorts of mucus-y discharge. I was half-way afraid that the headache was the onset of that virus O' death. Whew....thank the universal powers that be for dodging that bullet!

3 comments:

Creative-Type Dad said...

Lots of people at work are getting this weird bug right now.
I want to rent a giant bubble to protect myself...

Anonymous said...

We enjoyed our stay with you both especially the dinner.Sorry you felt so bad but am glad that the headache is gone. We came back to a dark house no TV or net. Just came back at 2pm.

barbara

Hannia said...

YAY! avoidance of projectile vomiting, which does NOT sound like fun at ALL.