Friday, March 7, 2008

Bad Driver Award....

Ok, so confession time: I deserve the BAD Driver award for this week. Yesterday morning, as I was leaving for work, I backed my car into another car of ours that was sitting in the driveway.

Yep. I wrecked 2 of our cars in one fell swoop. And the worst part? This isn't the first time I have done that. Admittedly, the last time was probably like 8 years ago, but still.....I am ashamed.



And it wasn't like any tricky kind of maneuver to get out of the driveway. I was just totally NOT thinking, or paying attention. I was completely lost in thought about some of the not so fun stuff going on at work (blah), and then there was that sickening crunch of metal on metal. What a way to start out the day. So, the damage is not extensive, and its entirely cosmetic. But...it IS ugly. And it does make me sick every time I see it.



I absolutely HATED to make that call to tell hubby what I had just done (he had already left for work). My husband? He was NOT amused. In fact, for the better part of the day he was absolutely furious. He couldn't even speak to me. He turned his phone off. But by yesterday evening he had recovered and forgiven me. I can't blame him for being angry. I was absolutely furious at myself. But today? He called me just to say that he loved me. Awwwww......my heart melted. Really. And then he pointed out that he left my car sitting in the driveway, facing forwards, so...you know...I wouldn't have to back it out at all. Um, funny guy.



And everything is alright again. Except for the dents in our cars. And the fact that I will probably be spoiling hubby rotten for the next few weeks to try and make it up to him. Because I DO feel really awful about it.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

If you gotta have a wreck that is the kind to have. I am grateful that you did not get hurt. Barbara

Anonymous said...

reminds me that the Saturday before christmas, i went shopping at 6:00am just to beat the crowds. I was so proud of myself to be home by 7:45. I stopped to get the paper and because of a road construction sign I had to back up at the mailboxes. Something I never usually have to do. i backed right into a neighbors mailbox. needless to say I got to go out again in that horrible traffic to buy a whole new taillight to the tune of $130. Calvin was able to fix the neighbors mailbox jeanne

Lori Kintz said...

I feel better about just taking out the lawn and bushes with my big ol' minivan! Although there are a number of small dents in the back panel of the van, I only did one of them! I swear :-) I am terrified of taking out the mirrors when I back out of the garage . . . I am sure Greg would not talk to me for weeks, not just a day! Glad you are ok though