Monday, January 30, 2012

A Sign of Things To Come.....

I was ready to put last week behind us. The cat, Stephen being so sick, car issues for both Stephen AND us...... Who can blame me? So I spent the weekend shaking off the bad vibes and started gearing myself up to welcome a fresh new week. A girl can hope, right? And so out the door I went this morning, feeling refreshed and ready for my day.....and that's when I spotted it. A FLAT tire. First thing on Monday morning. What a way to start the day. NOT!!! Oh well, I have another car that I used and thank God for that. I WAS late for work but no one seemed to notice. And by the time that I got home, just a few minutes ago, Hubby had repaired the tire, pumped it up, and had it ready to go. It had a nail in it..... So now I'm torn. I feel like I should be grateful that it didn't really slow me down all that much. A spare car and a handy husband made it only a slight inconvenience. But I still have this nagging fear in the back of my mind that this week will be a repeat of the last one. It can't possibly be that, can it? No, I am NOT going to give in to negativity. It was just a bump in the road and everything will be just fine. Fabulous, even. Right? No seriously...I AM right.....right?

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just remember you WALKED out of a heated house after taking a shower with hot water and eating a breakfast of your choice. You were able to drive a car to a job that pays enough to allow you to do many great things like go to England. I try to remember what I should be thankful for and not dwell on those speedbumps in life. Somedays it is easier then others. But you are loved by many and you love many in life and that is all that really matters

Rebecca said...

You are absolutely right, and I appreciate being reminded of it, too. Thanks.

Lori Kintz said...

Ha ha . .. be grateful that you have a husband who is at home to fix the tire . . . does he want to come to my house and fix my dryer when he is done???? Only kidding. I know that these last few months have been stressful, but all in all, the earlier comment exactly captures how I try (key word: TRY) to look at things! Love you!

Jean said...

Wasn't trying to be too preachy in my comment. I try to be thankful when I feel like the world is going off kilter. I did a patient on monday who was severly handicapped. Her dad brings her in a wheelchair and she can't communicate at all. I tried to do my best with her and remind myself I have no actual problems

Rebecca said...

Actually, I think I NEED some preachiness every now and then to snap me out of a whine fest. And Lori....sorry about the dryer. I hope you get it up and working soon.

Rebecca said...
This comment has been removed by the author.