Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Making it Green





Well, our Christmas tree is still naked. But, the good news is that the cats seem much less interested in it and maybe I can get it decorated in the next few days. I hope so. I see everybody all decorated for the holidays and then come home and it feels really blah and un-festive. Its a bummer. But in the meantime, I did a little web surfing for more eco-friendly recycled Christmas trees. Some are really pretty, some are interesting but not my taste. Still, I love how creative people can be with green ideas:

-Done with Mountain Dew cans. The end result is actually really pretty


-Books! I don't think its gorgeous, but its definitely interesting:


-5 gallon Water bottles. I kind of like this one:


-Tools, and car parts. A handy man tree. Its cool, but not exactly pretty:


For small spaces, how about a table top "Fork" tree??


Another tree from drink cans:





Do any of these trees give you ideas? Or are you more of a traditional Christmas tree person? We will go the traditional route, mainly due to lack of time. I think to come up with something really unique and interesting, you would need to start the planning and collecting of recyclables a little earlier than just a few weeks away from the holiday. Maybe next year????

No comments: