Sunday, November 6, 2011

Well, it works

I was setting up blogger to work on my phone so I can publish a blog using text messaging. It works, but it has no way of publishing a Title that way. I guess if I can live without titles then it will be fine.

Anyway, I hope everybody managed to sneak in that extra hour of sleep last night. I think its wonderful, and I am excited to be able to wake up to daylight in the mornings again. Still, the drawback is always going to be how early it gets dark in the evenings. I think it really doesn't matter all that much when its cold outside. And it just gives me something to look forward to again in the spring when its warm and the days last so much longer. Its funny how 7 or 8 pm feels so much different...if its light outside, I have the feeling of having plenty of time to still get things done. When its dark, its like, "Oh! Its time to get ready for bed." LOL.

So, we went to UVA for Erica's defense. I was so mesmerized by her presentation. I didn't understand it really, but she seemed so poised and knowledgeable that my joy was in the presenting, not the information. There was champagne and cake afterwards (and lots of cookies), and I got the chance to meet her mentor Joanna, and some of her friends. Then there was dinner at Zocalo's, which was delicious. I wish I could say that we partied all night long....but after getting up early, making that drive, having champagne and then a heavy dinner....we were all so tired that we gave up and went to bed fairly early. Still, it was a day that I wouldn't have exchanged for anything else in the world.

No comments: