Wednesday, November 16, 2011

My Knight in Shining Armor....with Shiny Tools....

My husband rescued me again today. I got ready to leave my office and my car wouldn't start (not the new red one...this is the mail delivery car). We have a couple of mechanics on duty, and one of them came over and used jumper cables to get my car started. He told me to head straight home and not to turn the car off (well, duh). But as I drove off I heard a weird high pitch whine, AND the lights on my dash were going crazy. They were flashing and strobing and I knew something was going on besides just my battery. I called Bruce and he said it sounded like an alternator problem. He told me to meet him at this auto parts store, and call him if I needed him.

Anyway, I made it there but it tore my nerves up completely. Traffic was heavy. I got caught at every stop light. I was so sure my car was going to cut off and get me stuck in a traffic jam. I think I was halfway sobbing the whole way. But I made it. I drove up right beside Bruce, and a guy came out to test my alternator which had gone bad, as well as my battery. And as he was testing it my car cut off. I made it by the skin of my teeth......whew. Anyway, my Knight with all his shiny tools had the old alternator off and the new one on, a new battery installed all in less than 20 minutes. So, its all done and I am good to go. What would I do without him???? He is priceless, for sure.

Also, the new dishes that I ordered came today. I am saying good-bye to the heavy stoneware Pfaltzgraff. I liked the pattern, but between the heaviness of it and the way it leaves marks when a piece of silverware even barely touches it....good riddance. We bought Corelle when we first got married, mainly because Bruce's Mom Lila strongly suggested it. I decided to go with the stoneware later...and have regretted it ever since. My new set (for every day) is Corelle again. I went with one of the new square designs, but its lightweight, and I know how well Corelle holds up. Erica is still using Corelle dishes that belonged to Lila....so yeah, it is definitely durable. I feel sure Lila is somewhere smiling over my latest decision. LOL.

Also? We have a pretty red truck in our driveway. We are friends with the people who own the dealership, and Daryl brought it over for us to test drive for a couple of days. It was kind of funny....Stephen was home when the dishes were delivered. He called to tell me, and then he said, "Oh, by the way, did Dad buy a truck? Because there is a new one sitting in the driveway with the keys in it." Daryl said he might run it by if he got a chance. I don't know if Bruce is completely ready to buy something else....but IF he was...I really like this little truck. It has a crew cab, meaning a full front AND back seat. That cuts off a little length of the bed of the truck, but man that thing drives like a fun car instead of a truck. I don't know if we will buy it or not.......but if it were up to me, I probably would. I mean how nice of them to just drop it off for us to try out, right....????

No comments: