Saturday, October 22, 2011

The Un-Halloween Season

Although Halloween is one of my favorite holidays, we aren't really celebrating this year. No decorations, no costumes, no plans. Sad, isn't it? Oh well, its just that way this season. There is too much going on. We didn't make travel plans because we didn't know what was going to happen with Dad's illness. We didn't know what was going to happen with Erica's graduation and move to the UK. In fact her private defense, which we can't attend, is actually ON Halloween. We will go to the public one a few days later. We are running low on days to take off of work anyway, so a trip was out of the question. Maybe next year.

At first it wasn't bothering me. I have been too busy, too exhausted to worry about dragging out boxes upon boxes of decorations. But as it draws near, it really is kind of nagging at me. A little bit. Not enough to drag out those boxes, but still.....
Stephen and Hannia want to carve pumpkins. At least half a dozen or so. And we want to do some of the fancy stenciled designs. I am considering throwing up a bunch of spider webs all over the front porch, lighting the pumpkins and at least there will be that. Its better than nothing. And while I might not have decked the halls for the celebration this year, I sill love it.

We think a trip to Universal in Orlando would be a good trip for next October. Harry Potter World anybody???? Let us know and we can start planning.

2 comments:

Annabel said...

Sounds good to me! I've wanted to get back to Orlando ever since we went last summer. We only got a brief visit to Harry Potter World and I definitely need to get back there!

Lori Kintz said...

I am sorry that you are feeling tired and uninspired as I know that this is one of your most beloved holidays. We have been talking about going to Harry Potter World . . . Chelsea and Hayley are quite mad that we have not yet been, so I don't know if we can wait a whole year!