Tuesday, July 5, 2011

I am OVER it!

I am so over summer by now. The heat, the bugs, the sweat....it has
got to go. I want to sip hot chocolate all wrapped up in cashmere, wearing some fabulous boots by a roaring fire. Not wiping sweat off my face, standing in front of a fan, just trying to stay cool enough to keep my blood from turning into steam. Over it! Been there, done that, and HATED it! I have no idea how I am going to keep what small shred of sanity that I have for the next couple of months. Maybe I shouldn't even attempt to.
To quote Calvin, "Just go ahead and kill me now".

Also, while on the subject of things that I am completely over....The Casey Anthony verdict. I get that the jurors have to believe there is no doubt, and I get that the evidence was somewhat circumstantial....but the woman is guilty. You know it, I know it, the world knows it. I am going to have to hand this one over to karma. I do believe that everybody eventually gets what they deserve, so she has her day coming to her. I can't believe that she could ever go back to a normal life after all of this. Can you imagine having to serve her food in a restaurant? Or check her out in a grocery store, serve her drinks at a bar, or deal with her in your teller line at the bank? The thought creeps me out. I don't think the public will forget about that child as quickly as she was able to. I just pray to God that she never has any more children....I can't even let myself think about that.

So, we had a good time in Wilmington, but we skipped out on the fireworks here in town after we got back home. It was hot and neither of us was in any mood to deal with the mob scene down on the town commons. Maybe next year. The 4th of July has to be one of my least favorite holidays, probably because its a summer thing. Blah!

No comments: