Sunday, June 26, 2011

Topsy Turvy

I haven't written in a while because my life is feeling a little topsy turvy at the moment. I am trying to make some big changes. The last round of blood tests scared me a little(ok really a lot, but I am trying not to panic). So I am making life adjustments, fewer medications, more natural supplements, healthier diet, exercise (all under the watch of our doc, so I am not just taking chances with dropping meds with no direction). Its all for the long-term good, but it is taking its toll in the interim. Its stressful, but I know it will eventually all balance itself out. My body just has to get used to healthier living and fewer medications.

I was given a 3 month time-frame to make these changes. I need to lower my cholesterol, and blood glucose a little bit or I am facing taking even MORE medication. My levels weren't outrageous, and the 2nd round of tests came back that these things were only slightly elevated....but definitely borderline. I had the feeling that it was now or never. So....its motivating. I am working at it. If there is improvement, even a little bit, then hopefully the doc will give me another 3 months to work on it further.

It's hard though. I believe that it will get easier as these things become habit...right? Its just a matter of time. And meanwhile, if I am not here blogging away about the details of our lives as often as usual, just know its because I am struggling a little, but it will be well worth it eventually. Hopefully....wish me luck. :) And whenever I need a little something to make me smile, I just look at this:



Is this not the cutest thing you have EVER seen?

No comments: