Saturday, February 26, 2011

Lately

Lately I don't have the stomach for violent movies. I don't remember it bothering me so much before. It seems like every movie that comes in from Netflix or on one movie channel or another is nothing but non-stop explosions, gun fire, and people beating the hell out of each other. Its almost the same as watching the news. What is going on?
Is it art imitating life? Life imitating art? Confusing. I think I am going on a violence fast. It will limit my choices as far as television goes and I most likely won't be able to keep up with current events, but it just feels right.

1 comment:

Jackie said...

I have felt that way for a long time. Why should I watch movies like Saw for entertainment? The world is scary and sad enough in real life, why should I PAY for it to be in my living room.