Wednesday, December 22, 2010

I think its done!!!

The gifts are bought, wrapped, placed under the tree or mailed off to their destinations. Stocking stuffers are ready and waiting (yeah, my kids are adults but Santa still fills their stockings every Christmas!). Enough food for an army has been purchased and is bursting out of the fridge right now just waiting for a big Christmas Eve AND Christmas Day dinner. The goodies are in the process of being made. Stephen made batch #1 of the absolutely necessary chocolate chip cookies. Erica made sausage balls last night, and is making cheese straws tonight. Sometime today I am going to make a new treat called "Besitos de Coco"....or coconut kisses. When we were in Puerto Rico this past spring we had a wonderful little bakery near our condo and we bought these delicious little treats several times (ok, maybe even more than that...) over the course of our week. I found an authentic Puerto Rican recipe for them so hopefully they will turn out and we can enjoy them all over again. We are trying out a recipe for Egg Nog cheesecake for Christmas dessert. Barb is bringing a bunch of stuff too.
Oh my Lord, we are going to have to go on a stringent diet for the new year. Seriously. But the point is that I am done. With everything but the cooking. Whew.....Christmas can begin. Well, it has to wait until I get home from work on Christmas Eve.

1 comment:

Terri G said...

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year, my friend!

...sounds like you have it all under control...

;)t