Saturday, December 18, 2010

Cold enough

I was running around this week delivering packages in this semi-rare cold spell we have been having. I had on a light jacket that was hanging open, no hat, or gloves. I had a heavier coat and gloves in the car but had decided they were unnecessary. One woman came to her door wrapped up tightly in half a dozen layers of thick clothing. She took one look at me and said, "Oh my goodness, you MUST be freezing!" I just smiled and said, "I'm fine. I love this weather." And I do. I am so much happier running around in fresh cold air than I am the hot and humid stuff. Granted, this is eastern NC and highs in the mid 30's is what we consider "COLD". For me, its perfect. Much colder than that and I may not love it quite as much. I feel like I can breathe, and I love the fact that I can go outside without sweat. No bugs, no snakes or other creepy crawly things. Now if we could just get a little snow. Not enough to make the roads bad, but enough to make a snowman in the yard.......

No comments: