Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Laundry Day

So, I told you our washer died on Sunday. We have ordered a replacement, a front loading machine WITH the matching dryer. My dryer was still functional, but like I pointed out to Bruce, it is 16 years old. I really wanted the matching set. In the end, Bruce gave in and ordered both of them. They will be delivered tomorrow evening, and I am actually excited to do laundry again. How weird is that? Its kind of piling up right now, so either a washer shows up tomorrow, or I will be heading for a laundromat. Blah.....lets hope it doesn't come to that.

On another laundry related note.....I am having the worst kind of trouble ironing any piece of clothing here lately. Itty Bitty kitty just wants to help me so bad. She pulls the stuff off of the ironing board from the floor, tries to play with the iron cord, and when all else fails to get a rise out of me, she jumps up on the counter and tries to walk up and down the ironing board. Bruce wears a lot of cotton button-down shirts that just have to be ironed, and I am sneaking around the house trying to iron a shirt or 2 whenever I see Itty Bitty taking a nap. I'm all like "Shhhhh.....don't wake her so I can iron". LOL. When things get desperate and Bruce is about to run out of shirts, I will just close the laundry room door to iron a few pieces, but that's where the main litter box is, so the door can only stay closed for so long.

Anyway 2 more days until I head to Indiana. I am so ready to see Hannia and Stephen.

1 comment:

Hannia said...

We're ready to see you!