Saturday, January 23, 2010

Can you get any more random?

I'm feeling a little scattered these days. So much to do, and where does my time go? I'm not sure, but I don't seem to have the necessary skills to string a coherent thought together. So...no matter. I'll do it randomly. It seems to be an ongoing theme in my life.

* SHOES: I LOVE me some shoes. I love shopping for them. I love looking at them to see whats new, whats hot, and whats "I gotta have it!". Shoes are (or can be) art. Wearable art that is good for the soul. But sometimes even the wonderful things in life can go awry. Behold, the ugliest shoes I have ever laid my eyes on:



Apparently, several models quit the Spring/Summer 2010 runway show over these Alexander McQueen atrocities. Can you blame them? These heels (besides being heinously ugly) are over 10 inches tall! I know the phrase "Beauty before Comfort", but this is taking that just a little too far!!!!

* Our DO-OVER Christmas vacation: We are thinking San Juan, Puerto Rico. All of us (well, Hannia wasn't with us then) fell in love with that city in the brief few hours we had there on the 2005 Christmas Cruise. Its got beautiful beaches, the historic old city, and metropolitan shopping/dining/museums all in one beautiful area. We are probably going to rent a car for the week, because there are also some very interesting eco-tours through the Rainforest an hour or so inland. No, Hannia, NO SPELUNKING! LOL. But there are some waterfall climbs that claim to be safe and easy enough even for beginners. I just need to find out if our Garmin will work in Puerto Rico. No dates are set in stone, but we are thinking sometime in March/April.
Also? We are going to HAVE to go to the Barrachino restaurant there, as it claims to be the birthplace of the PINA COLADA!!!





* The General Scoop:

-I'm keeping up with my New Year's Resolution Gym Schedule, so far. Its not easy, its not all that fun, but I am slogging through. I dread it beforehand, and then feel good and like I accomplished something afterwards.

-My job? Sucks worse than ever. Management changes, downturn in the economy changes, overall general retardedness...we are working harder, and suffering more than ever. I have to force my brain to think beyond it and try to feel grateful that I have a job. It may be a soul sucking, back breaking, mind numbing job, but I get a pay check. When all else fails, I try to imagine the thrill of retiring one day in the far future just to keep me going.

-I feel a sense of loss and sadness that Health Care Reform may be set back by the Mass. election. Its not just loss, but a sinking feeling of hopelessness. We were charged over $7,000 for Bruce's 12 hours in the ER over Christmas. The only serious procedure he received was a quick CT scan. And those charges don't cover the Dr. who read the scan results, or the after-care. We have insurance. Too many people do not. I can't imagine....

-I wish you all a wonderful weekend.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good Morning miss sunshine, I am so glad that you are having a great day, maybe to ought to go back to bed.

Barb

Unknown said...

So even though I haven't stuck too much to my gym schedule, I have been keeping track of my food (more or less) and my weight every week, & since the first Saturday in January, I've lost 4 lbs :) yay! about 15 more to go! hahaha :)