Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Sadness

I want to write a long post about how much fun we had on our trip (Lots). Maybe pass on a few of the highlights (like Barb winning the slots tournament). But its really hard for me to do that right now. While we were gone, my brother-in-law (Buddy) lost his Aunt and Uncle in a brutal robbery/murder in my hometown area in SC. There was a double funeral on Halloween afternoon.

I knew his Aunt, although the press calls her Jo Ann and I only ever knew her as Aunt Ducky. Its funny how I don't think I ever heard her by any name other than Ducky. I'm sure I met Buddy's Uncle as well, at some point or another, but I don't remember.
What I do know is that this couple was retired and they liked to travel and socialize.
They enjoyed life. Its a sad situation that nobody should have to go through. My thoughts and prayers go out to Buddy's family. They have been through a whole lot over the past couple of years.

Details

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So sorry to hear about Buddy's Aunt and Uncle. Barb

Anonymous said...

We have been reading about this story in the local news, we had no idea they were related to Buddy. Our prayers go out to the whole family.
Lori