Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Child-like or Childish? You decide....

My husband, who is 46 years old, and who has grown children in their 20's, got reprimanded 3 times by 3 different lifeguards at our pool today for doing back flips off of the diving board. Apparently they don't allow anything "backwards" off the diving board for safety reasons. And apparently, Bruce figured that each time he got a different lifeguard (our lifeguards rotate to different areas of the pool every 15 minutes) he might get a different response. Oh my Dear Sweet Lord!!! Don't you know they were probably discussing the stubborn diving board guy after we left? LOL! What in the heck am I going to do with him? Seriously.

Also, tomorrow is my last day of work for over a week. 10 whole days! Yay! Vacation!
I am so ready for it. We are going down with the whole clan for a week at Bald Head Island, NC. I don't know what I will do with myself on the island for that long, but the one thing that I DO know is that I won't be working, so yeah....that is always a good thing.

Last night was our "Girl's Night Out" dinner thingie. A couple of my friends who work with me decided that it would be fun to go out for dinner at least once a month. It all started when the 3 of us rode together to go to an evening wake for the husband of another one of our co-workers. The wake was in a little town about 40 miles away, so afterward we went out to eat just because it was so late. We had such a good time (I know...it was a wake, we shouldn't have been enjoying it, but the dinner part was fun) that we decided to make it a regular outing. Its so nice. We eat and we gossip and we laugh like crazy. There is one more woman who just transferred into our office that we all agreed might be a good fit into the group, so we plan on inviting her next time. Actually we enjoy it so much that Val suggested that we might ought to make it twice a month...haha. Well, we definitely could. Its so nice to be able to enjoy a little outing without all of the negativity that constantly hangs over everybody at work.

No comments: