Sunday, September 28, 2008

Freaky Fashion



I love me some boots. Of course, its rare here in Eastern NC that it gets cold enough for me to actually wear any of my boots, but I love the idea of them. Once in a great while I wear them, and it makes me happy. But these peep-toe boots....I don't get them. Apparently they are hot fashion items this fall/winter. But I can't figure out how they would work. I mean, I have to wear socks with my boots just to be comfortable. But would sock-covered toes sticking out of this boot look right? I don't think so. And also if its cold enough to warrant a boot, why would you want your toes sticking out like this? My toes are the first things to get cold. I do think these are kind of/sort of cute, but totally impractical so this is one trend I don't think I am going to be buying into.



And this freaky little boot is heinously ugly, yet I can't tear my eyes away from it. I don't think I would actually wear it. Its more like an interesting piece of art. And NOT wearable art.
Look at the upturn of the toes, and the heel....It screams foot torture to me. Its by a line called "Irregular Choice". These boots are not, by far, their most, um, UNIQUE, design. And uniqueness apparently does not come cheap. These short little boots run about $190. Which is NOT outrageous for a nice, sturdy, classic pair of leather boots that will go with almost anything and last for years to come. But for something this trendy, its kind of pricey. Yet another thing I won't have to spend any of my hard-earned money on. But its definitely interesting.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Maybe you could go ahead and buy them then have them bronzed and use them for book-ends.
Barb

Rebecca said...

I confess that a part of me does kind of want them. If you could remove that tied scrunchy bow thing on the toe, maybe....? I would LOVE to try a pair of these on just to see how uncomfortable they really are. I don't know of any stores around boring old HERE that carries anything this unusual though. Shoe.com does free returns, though....maybe I should order a pair just to try them on and then send them back...HAHA.