Friday, August 15, 2008

Crime Scene...

So, I got home from work yesterday afternoon, and my house looked something like this:




I was understandably alarmed. I went in search of the maimed and the bleeding....and then I found my dog. Poor thing. He had a benign polyp in his ear. We knew it was there. But since he is really old, mostly blind, and almost completely deaf we made the decision to just leave it there. Its not like it was going to interfere with his hearing or anything. But anyway, it must have been bothering him and he managed to dig his claws deep enough in his ear to scratch it. He bled like a stuck pig. And he must have been shaking his head alot because there were blood splatters all over the walls, just like the one above. Blood in the kitchen, blood on the carpet, blood on the walls. It was like something out of CSI. Not something you want to come home to after a long day of work. Hubby walked in not long afterward, and he headed to the vet with bleeding dog while I stayed behind and scrubbed everything down. Luckily all the blood came out of the carpet.

Anyway, Scotty had surgery to remove that ear polyp this morning. He's home now and doing fine. I am $500 poorer, but what can you do????

No comments: