Sunday, March 9, 2008

Lunch...

We had a few errands to run today. My husband LOVES to hit up the local Harbor Freight, the manly man tool store, on the weekends. And I mean really REALLY loves it. I have to confess that this is the first time I have ever been in there before. I browsed, but you know, it didn't overwhelm me with joy or anything like that. But he got his fix, so that was good. And then we decided to have lunch.

Ok, so we decided to go to Golden Corral. For the buffet. We haven't gone to that place since the kids were young. They used to like it, especially the dessert bar with self-serve ice cream. Then they grew up and started to like slightly more upscale kinds of restaurants. But my daughter went with a bunch of her friends to the one in her town a few weeks ago, and we were laughing about it. About how easy it is to eat yourself sick in a buffet place like that. And then hubby and I decided that we should go try out our Golden Corral again since it has been years.

Our first mistake was time-related. Our car clock said 12, so we assumed we would be early enough to miss the "church crowds". Of course, with daylight saving time starting up last night, it was really 1, so the church crowd was in full force. It was pretty busy. And the food....eh....yeah. I didn't have anything that was positively revolting, but nothing was all that grand and memorable, either. I watched one woman almost have a seizure because they ran out of mashed potatoes. God Forbid!!! She lashed out at one of the servers with some really angry language....over mashed potatoes. Some people were walking around with plates piled up so high, it was almost embarrassing to witness. I remembered why we haven't been there in years.
Haha. Oh well. We can definitely scratch that one off of our list. It will narrow things down the next time we are trying to decide where to go eat.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

yipeee, what a fun orange and picture of fish!!!!! Yes, it's definately been an orange year for me too, though I'm not sure what that means, it must be fair positive. How can one be so blue with so much orange?

Golden Corral, wow, I didn't know any of those resturants still existed! Guess that lazy wench shoulda head home and make her own stinkin' mashed potatos, not like it's rocket science or anything.

Hope your well! Take Care,
P

Anonymous said...

Grammar, Dear. Grammar. It is important". For" clarity within the sentence.

I have no idea what I just said. Such is life.

Rebecca said...

I have no idea either. But I recognize who says "Such is Life"...STEPHEN. LOL....Don't make me TEXT you, cuz you know I will. Have you picked songs and music yet?

That Chick Over There said...

Dear God. I always am amazed at how ANGRY and SEMI-VIOLENT people get over buffet foods. I thought a man in the chinese restaurant was going to murder the little man who owns the place because they ran out of chicken wings. For God's sake.